Our Inception


By now, almost everyone has probably watched Inception so I don't have to describe that it is a movie directed by Nolan and it's where you can actually bend buildings and trap memories to make them last for as long as you want them to. Starring Leonardo diCaprio as Cobb and...okay, enough about the hard facts.  I did not stay up late to promote the movie. I stayed up late to talk. Talk about what the movie made me realize.

After much arguing and thinking whether Cobb was back to reality or still in a limbo, I came up with a very important realization of my own. Eff Cobb and his dream world. I realized that I did what Cobb found very difficult to do during the whole dream (coz I think the whole movie was his dream). I took a leap of faith when I decided to be with a stranger, to be with someone who do not know me and whom I know little about. And like the movie's end, I don't care whether my totem has stopped spinning or not...whether this is real or not. For once in my life I stopped thinking. I have worries but I am fighting them off so they wouldn't get the best of me, the best of us. I don't know what the ending will be and it doesn't even matter to me now. What matters is the present. All that matters to me now is that I am happy, happy to be with a person I barely know. After all, God willing, we have the rest of our lives to get to know each other and make our very own happy ending... :) 

To cut it short, Our Inception was when I decided to take a leap of faith, let go of all the worries and accept the fact that reality is a relative subject and in the end, what truly matters most is where happiness lies... and it is with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment